Monday, November 7, 2011

I Want To Believe



Did anybody else out there watch The X-Files, back in the day?  Tape all the episodes?  Talk about it with your friends non-stop?  Carry around episode guides instead of school books?  No?  Guess that was just me, and Daina of course (a long-time X-Phile).




Once I found a friend to swap episodes with, life just couldn't get any better.  Until this past summer, of course, when I visited the Roswell UFO Museum.


The basement is a research center...they have books, documents on file, video tapes.  It's like being in Mulder's office!




They also have art, to make things pretty.




On the main floor, they have a wall dedicated to the signatures of famous people that visit.




  I only had a quick moment to snap this, before getting ushered away for trying to sign next to it:


Agent Doggett!  He's almost a real X-Files character, and DEFINITELY a real terminator!!



Above is a map where visitors can stick a pin into their home town.  They clear it once a month, but that's still a lot of pins for mid-June!


There I am...purple Poughkeepsie!
There was no one else from the Hudson Valley, I guess.  Made me a little homesick!

One can learn all about the events of the Roswell incident, a real conspiracy back in the 1940's involving a UFO crash.  I went in very skeptical, and they do a good job of letting the visitor make up their own mind, but the government did some pretty stupid things trying to keep information contained.  Man, some things never change.



I also got to watch some of the movie Fire in the Sky, which was delightful, and see a lot of alien inspired artwork.




Oh...and what's this, at the end?  My peeps!




A very good time to be had in Roswell, New Mexico.



~A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there a summer and a half ago just a few days prior to landing in New Orleans. Still an X-Files geek, I listen to the audio books and watch episodes regularly. Roswell was interesting but a bit of a one note. The Billy the Kid museum a few hundred miles from Roswell was awesome; did you happen to pass by there? Love your photos, especially Doggett's signature!
-Scott

abby harmony said...

Hey Scott, thanks for the comment! I did not catch the Billy the Kid museum on this trip, and now sorry to have missed it - but thanks for the tip, and this gives me a reason to go back soon!

Take Care,
Abby