Thursday, October 27, 2011

Out in the Desert

The trip from New Orleans to Southern Arizona was the longest I've ever traveled without seeing a friend; just under a week - oh! like The Ring.  Except right before the hairy dead girl crawled out of the well to kill me, I found myself at Daina's in Tucson.  She has a lot of hair, but did not try to kill me until the last day.


What I did:
  • Took pictures alone in the desert.
  • Noticed cell phone didn't work much.
  • Forgot to drink water - yikes.
  • Noticed WiFi didn't work much.
  • Talked to myself alone in the desert.


Yup, it starts to make you crazy.  A week doesn't seem like a long time, right?  Most of us could use a week away from it all.  We usually never get that week.  Thank God for strangers and aliens! 


I was going bonkers, the same thoughts bouncing around in my head, the same songs playing over and over.  Eventually, I had to let go of all the craziness, and ended up having a really good time.  If you want to know the truth, I'm more independent today from just that one week alone.  



I did no ghost hunting this week, so please understand the only ghosts you will encounter until Tucson are mine (bo-ring!)...although there were a few good meals, and like I said, the aliens.  Stay tuned!  

~A

No comments: