Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Hotel Macomber ...."Yeah Buddy!"

Cape May, New Jersey is the oldest seaside resort in the country, dating back to Colonial times (400 years ago)... and is one of my favorite vacation spots.  It's filled with old Victorian goodness, pristine shore line, childhood memories, and fudge.  This is actually where I was introduced to fudge at the age of 7...no wonder it's in my top 10.  Oh, and apparently, Cape May is one of the most haunted towns in the U.S. as well...who knew?













 









My mom and I have many fond memories of Cape May.  Which is why I asked her to come with me for my first leg of the road trip.
OK, also, I had booked a notoriously haunted room in the old Hotel Macomber, and was too chicken to go alone.  Mom to the rescue!

She was up for the challenge.  We don't watch Ghost Hunters for nothing.


  The Hotel Macomber:










Room 10 is said to be haunted by a woman called "The Trunk Lady"... formally, Miss Wright, a regular guest you can read about here.  There is so much activity in room 10, its windows are pointed out on regular Cape May ghost tours....including the trolley tour we took ourselves!  




So....what happened that night? 















Honestly, I'm so freaking tired from driving through Texas today, I can't even go into it.  11 hours on the road, people!  I started going nuts at the end, imagining Palmetto bugs on my feet and laughing hilariously at nothing.  Luckily, cruise control gave me the option of keeping my feet folded up on the seat.  Wait...am I not supposed to do that?

Find out what happened in Room 10 tomorrow (or in two weeks, if my past blog performance is any indication).  In the meantime, enjoy this photo taken at night on the shore (yeah, the Jersey Shore, and I don't mean this one).  Keep in mind, this beach has been the site of hundreds of shipwrecks and drownings, and is said to have many, many souls wandering it at night.






Orbs or ocean spray?  I couldn't replicate it regularly...what do the masses think??







Goodnight from Texas.  

~A

No comments: